Monday 23 April 2012

If You Go Down To The Woods Today (well yesterday actually).........

Hello Lovelies, hope you've all had a lovely weekend?

Saturday was quite quiet here, just pottering about at home.


A healthy start!

A few more rounds of the Granny Square were completed, a bit more playing with paper was done - more bunting for my new bookcase which is arriving in a few weeks so I shall save pictures until then as it may well be a bit of a bunting OVRLOAD :) - but here is a sneaky peak...


Yesterday (Sunday) we woke to glorious sunshine and crystal blue skies so we decided to take a little outing to Winkworth Arboretum to visit the bluebell wood. This was our first visit to the Arboretum.  StUnNiNg!


It's part of the National Trust, of which we are members, and it's somewhere we've been meaning to go to for a while now. I have a loooooonngg list of places for us to visit from the National Trust over the coming months so stay tuned for those :)

***


Right back to yesterday, as I said the weather was beautiful - not too chilly and lots of sunshine which has been lacking for the last week. The bluebells were gorgeous and the smell was quite heady in the air...


The photos are a bit lacking sadly (I charged my camera in the morning then for got to take it, doh! So these were taken on Hubby's phone) But we had a lovely morning and I highly recommend visiting if you're in the area, just outside Godalming Surrey.

Here are my Friday Daffs.  They BuRsT! open yesterday, all gorgeous and yellow....


Ooh and finally today Little Miss has started potty training (bit stressful but she's doing so so well) and Little Mister can sit up all by himself!



Wishing you a happy Monday!

xxx

9 comments:

  1. Lovely post ... Little Mister sooo cute, and good luck with the potty training! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely photo of your little mister. Inspired by your last post, I made some heart shaped mini-bunting yesterday. It is so pretty it makes me smile:) So, thank you - I am enjoying your blog and look forward to keeping in touch.

    Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad :) I'm a tad addicted to bunting at the moment as it's so quick and easy to make which is perfect with two small people in the house, but been neglecting crochet - must focus :)
      Victoria xx

      Delete
  3. Winkworth is one of our favourite's to visit and unlike a lot of NT places you can take your dog too.You have reminded me that I must go soon to see the bluebells.Your bunting is going to be lovely,I wish my sewing skills were up to that.
    Cutest pic of baby! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anywhere with a bluebell wood :D We have been so busy and it has been so wet that I've missed getting out to see the bluebells in our local wood so far this year. But the bank over run with cowslips that I stumbled across yesterday kinda made up for that.

    Great pic of the little Mister ... they grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Mister looks so cute sitting by himself! The bunting is pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet photo of your son. Toddlers in baby grows are so scrummy! Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That star looks super cute.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete